The Good Exchange Limited which is a limited company registered in England and Wales under the Companies Acts (Company Number 09761102) having its registered office at Liberty House, Greenham Business Park, Greenham, Thatcham, Berkshire, England, RG19 6HS ("we", “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Laws.
We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
The Website is an online platform on which:
- charitable organisations seeking funding can register and promote their project(s);
- visitors can donate to, and show their support for, charitable projects and organisations;
- funders can connect with and fund organisations seeking funding; and
- fundraisers can connect with and support organisations which require assistance to raise funds.
The Website is operated as an online platform on which organisations can make connections and procure and provide funding or services directly from and to each other. For this reason certain personal data which you provide on the Website will be publicly available and may be passed to other users of the Website. We are not fundraisers and we do not provide funding. Further information regarding the practicalities of using the Website and its functionality are explained at our support website.
- the basis on which any personal data collected from you by us or that you provide to us can be processed by us;
- how we use your information;
- your rights, including how to update and access your information; and
- the way in which you are authorised to use the personal data of other Users which you access on the Website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Applicant means any user of the Website registered on the Website as an applicant in order to seek Funding from one or more Funder(s) or Donations from one or more Supporter(s);
Donation means an unilateral and freely given cash gift given on the Website by a Supporter to an Applicant without the expectation of receipt of goods, services or otherwise and any applicable Gift Aid claimed and paid by HMRC;
Funder means any user of the Website registered on the Website as a funder in order to offer Funding to one or more Applicant(s);
Funding means cash funding in pounds sterling given on the Website by a Funder(s) to an Applicant as a solus grant, as part of a co-funding arrangement or as part of a match funding arrangement;
Fundraiser means any user of the Website registered on the Website as a fundraiser in order to offer fundraising services and / or opportunities to Applicant(s);
HMRC means HM Revenue and Customs;
Gift Aid means the government scheme enabling eligible charities to reclaim income tax on a Donation made by an eligible UK taxpayer;
Interactive Services means any service made available on the Website with which you can input, comment, vote, participate or otherwise interact;
Privacy Laws means the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any related and / or applicable legislation and regulation;
Profile means an electronic profile on the Website;
Project means any charitable project listed on the Website;
Supporter means any user of the Website, whether or not registered on the Website, who is not an Applicant, Funder or Fundraiser; and
User means any Funder, Applicant, Fundraiser or Supporter.
1.2 A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality) and that person's personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns.
1.3 References to the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
1.4 Reference to any legislation shall be to that legislation as amended from time to time.
3. INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE COLLECTED FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information relating to you.
3.1 Information that you give to us
You may give us information about yourself via the Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description or photograph.
This includes information you provide when you:
- access or use the Website, such as when you search for profiles for Applicants, Funders, Projects and / or Fundraisers, make a donation or communicate with other Users on the Website;
- register on the Website or create a Profile on the Website for yourself as an individual Fundraiser or Supporter or on behalf of an Applicant, Funder or corporate Fundraiser whether as an Applicant, Funder, Supporter or Fundraiser;
- share information with another User on the Website;
- link your profile on the Website to a third party website, in which case we will obtain the personal data that you have provided on that third party website;
- use the Interactive Services;
- report User misconduct on the Website to us; and
- when you report a technical or other error on the Website to us.
3.2 Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3.3 Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, Applicants, Funders, Fundraisers, sub-contractors, advertising networks, and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY US
4.1 We use, store and process information held about you in accordance for the general purposes set out in this clause 4.
4.2 Personal data which you provide to us when registering on the Website or when setting up a Profile, making a Donation, applying for Funding, providing Funding or when communicating with other Users on the Website (including personal data you provide to us as an administrator or contact for an incorporated or unincorporated organisation) may be publicly available on the Website. Further details about what information will be publicly available on the Website and your preferences in relation to this can be found at our support website.
4.3 Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- enable you to access and use the Website;
- allow you to communicate with other Users on the Website;
- provide you with marketing, advertising, and promotional information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- notify you about changes to the Website;
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
4.4 Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in Interactive Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other Users about goods or services that may interest you or them.
4.5 Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate parent company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
5.2 We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
5.2.1 business partners;
5.2.2 advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
5.2.3 analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
5.3 Any information that we have collected about you will be shared with Applicants, Funders and Fundraisers for the following purposes:
5.3.1 your information will be shared with Applicants in order that each Applicant can be aware of the source of Donations and Funding given to them via the Website; so each Applicant knows who is fundraising on its behalf; to provide the information required for each Applicant’s internal records; and for the purpose of progressing funding and fundraising arrangements;
5.3.2 your information will be shared with Funders so they can make informed decisions about which Applicant or Project to provide Funding to; to provide the information required for each Funder’s internal records; and for the purpose of progressing funding arrangements; and
5.3.3 your information will be shared with Fundraisers so that each Fundraiser is aware of the source of Donations and / or Funding raised by them via the Website; so each can make informed decisions about which Applicant or Project to support; to provide the information required for each Fundraiser’s internal records; and for the purpose of progressing fundraising arrangements.
5.4 We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
5.4.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
5.4.2 if the Website or if we (or our parent company) or substantially all of our assets (or substantially all of the assets of our parent company) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us or our parent company about the Users will be one of the transferred assets; or
5.5 When we disclose your personal data to Applicants and / or Funders and / or Fundraisers we are not in any way responsible for that Applicant’s, Funder’s or Fundraiser’s use of your personal data. Each Applicant, Funder and / or Fundraiser will be responsible for your data under the Privacy Laws and may have their own privacy or data protection policy. You should familiarise yourself with any privacy or data protection policy of that Applicant, Funder and Fundraiser. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for those policies.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
6.2 It may also be processed by third parties operating outside the EEA who work for us or who are engaged by us to perform a service. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your donation and / or payment, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
6.4 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share that password with anyone.
6.5 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6.6 We are not responsible for any information which you give to any other User on the Website. Such Users may have their own privacy or data protection policies and we recommend you familiarise yourself with these where available.
6.7 Any payment transactions will be encrypted by our third party payment provider using SSL technology.
7. YOUR PROFILE
7.1 If you are an individual accessing the Website as a Fundraiser or on behalf of a Funder or Applicant, any public Profile on the Website to which you contribute will include some personal data such as your fundraising or funding history and experience, how much money you have raised or donated in the past and the types of Projects with which you are usually involved.
7.2 All or part of a Profile (which contains personal data) may be displayed in other parts of the Website to other Users.
7.3 The Website may allow part or all of any Profile to be included and accessible via third party search engines. In this case, your personal data which is provided publicly on that Profile may be published in search results.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
8.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at www.thegoodexchange.com/contact.
8.2 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8.3 The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
10. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF INFORMATION BY APPLICANTS, FUNDERS AND FUNDRAISERS
10.1 This clause 10 will apply to you if you are an Applicant, Funder or Fundraiser. This clause 10 will not apply to you if you are a Supporter.
10.2 When we provide you, as an Applicant, Funder or Fundraiser, with personal data that we have collected via the Website or otherwise for the purposes of facilitating a funding or fundraising arrangement or facilitating communication between you and another User, you will become a data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the Privacy Laws. You will be solely responsible for your compliance with the Privacy Laws in relation to any personal data that we have provided to you for the purposes of facilitating a funding or fundraising arrangement or facilitating communication between you and another User.
10.3 Without prejudice to clause p 10.2 above, if you are an Applicant, Funder or Fundraiser and your use of the Website including any Profile that you have registered on the Website results in access to personal data you warrant that you will:
10.3.1 assist us with our responsibilities as a data controller under the Privacy Laws;
10.3.2 not do, cause or permit anything to be done which may result in a breach by us of the Privacy Laws and comply with all requests from us relating to the processing by you of such personal data;
10.3.3 comply with the Privacy Laws in respect of your collection, use, disclosure or processing of any personal data;
10.3.4 abide by the lawful instructions of all data subjects in respect of their personal data and not do anything to compromise the security of such information;
10.3.5 not sell, or otherwise disclose personal data to third parties;
10.3.6 hold the personal data securely and not disclose it to anyone other than us, as agreed to by the data subject and / or as permitted by the Privacy Laws;
10.3.7 implement adequate security, technical and organisational measures against all unauthorised, unlawful or accidental access, processing, use, erasure, loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data in accordance with Privacy Laws, and abide by our requirements to ensure the security of the personal data as notified to you from time to time;
10.3.9 not retain any personal data for longer than is necessary; and
10.3.10 to the extent legally permissible, you shall indemnify and hold us harmless, and our successors and assignees, from and against any and all claims, injuries, damages, costs, losses or legal action, arising out of or caused by your breach of this clause.
11. CONTACT DETAILS
The Good Exchange,
Greenham Business Park,
E-mail: [email protected]